New Research Resources, Some Name Changes, and More!
It’s been a busy summer for the Library’s Content Management team. Some key changes and additions:
- Ebook Central replaces both Ebrary and EBL and includes about 250,000 e-books across all topic areas
- Investext, the Thomson Reuters collection of brokerage reports, has been added to the Mergent Online platform
- Women’s Studies Archive: Women’s Issues and Identities is a new Gale database of primary materials
- SimplyAnalytics is the new name for SimplyMap
- Cabell’s now includes the Blacklist of predatory journals
- And soon to come: College-wide access to WSJ.com!
We also cancelled some resources that didn’t align with the curriculum or faculty needs, were duplicative, or weren’t utilized:
- AccessScience (online version of the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology)
- Aftermarket Research (replaced by Investext)
- Global Insight’s Data Insight-Web statistical resource
Let us know if you have any questions. We always welcome suggestions for new research resources, books, or e-books.