Kick-Off WE BOS Week with Babson WIN Lab at 3rd Annual Mass Innovation Nights Women Founders Event
Babson College’s Women Innovating Now (WIN) Lab will help launch Boston’s Women Entrepreneurs Week (WE BOS) as the college partner of the third annual Mass Innovation Nights Women Founders event on Monday, October 17.
“We’ve been a partner of Mass Innovation Nights Women Founders events since their inception,” said Ashley Lucas, Director of the Boston WIN Lab. “Events like these are key to raising awareness of the great ideas and companies founded by women, while demonstrating that they are driving innovation across industries in Boston and beyond.”
The event will start at 6 p.m. at District Hall in Boston’s Seaport District in partnership with the City of Boston’s Women Entrepreneurs Boston (WE BOS) program. To attend, please RSVP.
The popular product launch party and networking event draws attendees from the entire region. Over the past seven years, it has launched more than 900 products which have collectively received more than $1.3 billion in funding.
“Our women founder events are an important vehicle for bringing female entrepreneurs to the forefront,” said Bobbie Carlton, the founder of Innovation Nights, and Innovation Women. “By increasing the visibility of talented women entrepreneurs, we increase their access to customers, connections and funding.”
“Women represent half of our population, but are significantly underrepresented in the start-up sector,” said Boston Mayor Martin J. Walsh. “Boston has a large and rapidly growing community of women entrepreneurs and kicking- off WE BOS week with Mass Innovation Women Founders Night is a great way to showcase our women-led start-ups”
Several of the startups to be showcased at the event will be from Babson’s WIN Lab Boston cohort, including:
- BondVoyage, a free-to-use social networking application helping travelers meet and form lasting bonds in new cities.
- CliqBit, a comedic-based social platform. Drop the drama, clutter, and news from other apps–CliqBit is for a quick laugh with friends.
- Date My Wardrobe, a marketplace to discover local fashion designers and shop (rent or buy) from their high-end collection.
- EventHues, a community marketplace that matches event hosts and planners to local talent–culinary, music, dance, and other unique acts for creative events.
- Womentum, an online nonprofit platform that allows anyone to invest in global women entrepreneurs living in poverty.
Free and open to the public, MIN #91 “Women Founders” features experts, networking, and tabletop presentations with new local products and presentations from the winners of online voting. Additional startups include:
- Black Girls Nutrition
- Luna and Stella
- Polis Canvassing
Experts will be joining from:
- Babson College Women Innovating Now (WIN) Lab
- Adastra Speech
- Science Club for Girls
- WE BOS, City of Boston
- West Hill Technology Counsel
Guests are encouraged to use hashtags #MIN91, #WomenFounders, and #WeBOSweek.
About Mass Innovation Nights
Mass Innovation Nights (MIN) offers an opportunity for people interested in innovative new products to connect live and online. Each month, different companies launch new products with Innovation Nights and the social media community helps spread the word. MIN is currently seeking hosts and sponsors for the 2017 season. Contact the organization for additional information. Follow MIN on Twitter or visit the website.