Babson Business: EasyDues
Name of business: EasyDues
• Mission: EasyDues strives to help treasurers of Fraternities, Sororities, and Social Organizations everywhere by keeping groups financially healthy in the present and in the future, and improving overall group operations indefinitely.
• Began: 2007
• Where: Online
• Founder: Matthew Miller, Matt@EasyDues.com, (800) 256-5087
• Undergrad or Grad Student: Undergraduate
• How the Idea Began: “As a fraternity treasurer with almost two years experience, I was amazed that there wasn’t a low cost, easy to use, and efficient solution to dues collection for fraternities and sororities. As my idea for EasyDues progressed, it became clear to me that EasyDues would provide a much needed solution for all types of social organizations which collect membership fees.”
• Initial Preparation to Germinate Idea: six months of refining the business model, developing a prototype through screenshots, and communicating with fraternity/sorority treasurers and the leaders of their national organizations.
• Favorite Thing about the Business: Providing a solution that helps treasurers and organizations of all kinds. Treasurers of Social Organizations are aware of the difficulties involved with dues collection, and therefore are always appreciative of the benefits that EasyDues provides.
• Lesson Learned: The most important part of developing a business is the passion within its entrepreneur(s). If you’re passionate about a business, developing it becomes a lifestyle, rather than a job, and success can be obtained through leading the business from an idea to reality.