Employers on Handshake: Important Information and Best Practices for Recruiting Babson Talent
GETTING STARTED WITH HANDSHAKE
By creating an account in Handshake, and connecting with Babson College, you can post internship and job opportunities to our students and alumni; post and market your events directly to students; request on-campus interviews; and of course, register for our career fairs and recruiting programs.
All employer requests and job postings are individually vetted and go through an approval process. Babson receives approximately 60 employer requests and 100 job postings a day. We do our best to approve requests within 2 business days but occasionally there is a delay. We thank you for your patience.
- When creating an employer profile be sure to register with an e-mail domain that matches the employer website.
- Complete as much profile information as possible – website, social media pages, address, phone number, company logo, description, etc. Doing this will help us validate you as an employer during the approval process. Also, students often review employer profile pages on Handshake when researching companies.
- We may ask you to elaborate on the types of positions you plan to post with us. Babson is a business college that only offers degrees in Business and Entrepreneurship so we want to ensure the positions you will be posting ar the right fit for our students.
- We cannot see any job postings by an employer until that employer is approved, this may result in us asking questions prior to approving your company, even if you already have pending job postings on Handshake.
- Provide as much detail as possible to attract applicants.
- Even though it’s not required in Handshake, it is a best practice to indicate the desired class level(s) and/or graduation date range for the position as that will help target the appropriate applicants. For example, if you’re hiring for a full-time job, make sure you select Senior, Masters and/or Alumni since they’re the ones that will be able to accept the position.
- For preferred majors, note that Babson is a Business school, therefore ALL students are considered “Business and Entrepreneurship”’ majors.
- See Babson’s guide to hiring international students for details on hiring non-U.S. Citizens and select international student eligibility in your posting accordingly.
If you have any questions or trouble, please visit Handshake’s Help Center for Employers or submit a ticket for Handshake support. Handshake support is your first line of contact for troubleshooting account set up and logging in.
HANDSHAKE SUPPORT ARTICLES
The Employer Handshake Help Center has a lot of relevant support articles for using Handshake. Below are several that we recommend to employers: