Experience is the Greatest Teacher

My name is Jordan Davis but my friends call me JD. I am from Atlanta, GA, and a rising junior at Babson College. This summer I’m interning at Register Financial, an investment banking firm, where I’m gaining invaluable experiences both by assisting and shadowing senior bankers engage as they engage with clients. I am highly involved with various first-class transactions.

Register Financial aims to provide innovative and strategic advice to a diverse client base in lower and middle markets and affluent private investors. The firm advises clients on all phases of the business cycle through expert capabilities in M&A, Private Advisory, Capital Markets, Recapitalization & Debt Restructuring. I found this internship opportunity by connecting with senior bankers, who wanted me to gain hands-on training and experience with real multi-million and billion-dollar deals. Taking advantage of this unique opportunity, I submitted my resume to the firm. After an extensive interview process with the Managing Director of Investment Banking, I was accepted.

My first two weeks at the firm were spent helping the senior executives with research, creating executive summaries, performing financial modeling and, most importantly, assisting to make the deal go through smoothly. In addition, I attended an angel investment gathering at the Piedmont Driving Club, in Midtown Atlanta. During this event, diverse companies pitched their concepts. Then investor’s asked questions and decided whether or not they should choose to invest in it. This was a great learning experience because I networked and exchanged phone numbers with investors and entrepreneurs.

Within these past few weeks, I have experienced an amazing amount of growth both in understanding investment banking and increasing my intellectual grasp of the small things that go into being successful as a business leader. The professional experience I am getting from a small boutique is better than the experience I would get at a large firm. a look forward to learning more this summer and applying this knowledge going forward.