Internship Fair – What’s In It for ME?
What are you doing this summer? Have you considered gaining experience in a career that interests you? Or trying something new? It’s a great idea, but how can you make it happen?
This Thursday, February 4th, CCD is hosting our annual Internship Fair. Where else can you meet 40+ companies in a few hours? When can you network and make personal connections with companies specifically seeking to hire Babson students for summer internships? Our attending employer list includes: Acquia, Boston Scientific, EY, Innosight, KPMG, Monster, Nordstrom, PwC, Ross Stores, Staples, Sun Life Financial, TJX Companies, and many others! If you’re not there; prepared and ready to land an internship, then you have missed an amazing opportunity.
So, now you’ve decided it’s worth your while. How can you be most effective, targeted and maximize the Internship Fair at Knight Auditorium, 2:00-5:00pm?
- Prepare. Know what companies are going to be there and the types of internships they offer. We have an App for that: Download the app in the iTunes or Google Play app store: search “Babson Career Fair”
- Learn about the companies and the internships they have posted. Don’t stop there. Even if they don’t have a posting specifically for you, but you want to work there, do your research and make it a point to speak with the recruiter.
- Make a positive and lasting impression; make eye contact, shake hands, say hello and introduce yourself
- Know your story. Be ready with your pitch and be authentic.
- Dress professionally. You only have one chance to make a first impression.
- Say thank you and ask for a business card so that you can follow up.
Employ a strategy to make this event successful for you. You will receive a floor plan telling you where to find each company booth. Note the location of companies and plan accordingly. Visit those companies you are least interested in, first. Why? You need to get your act together; get comfortable greeting, pitching and sharing your story. After a few tries, it will be easier and feel more natural. Once you get your MOJO, have fun talking with your target companies, but don’t limit yourself. You never know where and when opportunities may emerge.
So, Go or No Go. What’s in it for you? Company representatives coming to campus seeking to hire Babson summer Interns. You want a summer internship….they want Babson talent. What’s in it for you: a possible summer internship and definitely great company connections? Don’t miss it. You will also have the opportunity to take a professional headshot; look for the LinkedIn photo booth.
Students don’t need to register in advance– just mark your calendar and we’ll see you there!