Growing Up

When I was a child, the question I remember being asked the most was “What do you want to be when you grow up?” Upon choosing Babson, I had no idea what I wanted to do after college. I thought business sounded interesting and practical so I told myself I should study that. Freshman year, my Foundations and Management (FME) course quickly showed me that I enjoyed numbers and interacting with others. During my sophomore year in my required Organizing for Effective Management (OEM) course, I was given the opportunity to do a consulting project for a local factory. This opened my eyes to the world of consulting, and I fell in love. I wanted to find a job that would allow me to do two things I enjoy: helping others and analyzing situations. I learned about PricewaterhouseCoopers’ internship program and was immediately intrigued. Babson’s Center for Career Development helped me through the entire internship search, everything from deciding what kind of career interests me, to interview preparation and offer negotiations.  I am excited to say that I will be a Risk Assurance intern at Pricewaterhousecooper’s Boston this summer. I know that I would have never made it to this point if it weren’t for the support of my amazing professors and Babson staff. I can now say I know what type of work I want to do when I grow up!

Pictured Above: Megan Houlker, Director of Center for Career Development

This might be the last post I write this academic year, as I am headed abroad on January 2nd to spend next semester studying Business and Spanish Culture in Spain. I look forward to the unique opportunities I will have to expand my cultural knowledge and cannot wait to come back with stories to share. I wish everyone luck with the rest of the college application process.