Up and Running at Live Nation

Hi all,

My name’s Kelly Walsh and I’m a rising Senior at Babson College.  With the help of CCD I am participating in a full-time internship at Live Nation Entertainment in Times Square, NYC this summer.  Live Nation is the world’s leading live entertainment and eCommerce company, comprised of four market leaders: Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Concerts, Front Line Management Group and Live Nation Network.  I am now a few weeks into my internship and they’ve certainly kept me busy!

On day one I spent half the day in the office learning the basics but then by noon I was sent to lunch and down to Irving Plaza in Union Square to work a Santigold, Pharrell & Andy Samberg show.  I couldn’t believe it!  When I arrived there I was put to hard work, but it was a great experience that truly immersed me into what Live Nation is all about.

During the first weekend of my internship I commuted back and forth to Asbury Park, NJ in order to help out with the Bamboozle 3-day music festival.  I completed jobs that ranged from setting up signs to helping check in the sponsors such as Coca-Cola, Red Bull and many more.  I worked long days in some pretty hot heat but I couldn’t be more appreciative for the opportunity!

The summer months at Live Nation are the busiest with countless concerts, festivals and events around the clock.  I’m really looking forward to what the rest of this summer has to bring!