Undergraduate Blog / First Year at Babson

Back in the Grind

Hello all! Welcome to a new school year!

I know, it’s been forever since I have blogged! This summer was busy, filled with a marketing internship right from the get-go in the Blank Center on campus and then straight to peer mentor training! Orientation was a blast, and all of the freshmen are really fantastic! Overall, it’s been a great start to what should be an even better semester!

Lots of things have changed at Babson over the summer, and definitely for the better: We now have our campus center open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! Food hours are a lot more flexible, dining services are open at later and more convenient times, and we have also stopped using UGrad e-mails! We now use life.babson.edu, and while it is a struggle to get used to, it will definitely centralize all the information and make the entire process of joining and keeping up with a club or organization much more efficient and user-friendly.

All of these phenomenal changes couldn’t have been put into place without the hard work and dedication of our SGA president John Campbell and two of our deans, Dean Dennis Hanno and Dean Betsy Newman! They worked tirelessly all summer to make sure that our experience at Babson just keeps getting better each semester!

Anyway, I should really get to bed, seeing as how I have an 8am class tomorrow that doesn’t end until 12:15, so I’m going to wrap this up with a good night and a sleep tight and, of course, a don’t let the bed bugs bite!