Undergraduate Blog / Admission

Back from Summer Camp…..

Every year, I am fortunate to attend the annual conference for the Overseas Association for College Admission Counseling.  As I realize most of you are scratching your heads about what this organization might do, it is a regional organization of admission officers and college counselors. Typically, we are broken up by American geographical regions (New England, Rocky Mountain, etc.) but there is also a subgroup of all schools who belong to this organization outside of the United States.

My colleagues Mark and James journeyed with me out to California.  Needless to say, we had a terrific time.  It was great to connect with college counselors who we visit during our travels and our admission officer friends who we travel with.  I was also excited to work on my preliminary plans for my overseas travel this fall.  Speaking with counselors about their students’ interest in Babson certainly helps me to decide where to visit.

I am also a big nerd, so I really love attending the sessions.  I find it so helpful to hear the regional updates, discuss ethical dilemmas that we face in our field and have a simulation of the IELTS.  Each year, I leave this conference excited with all the insights that I gain.

__________________________________________________

PS  We are finally have summer here in New England!  Now you can come visit!