Business and Social Innovation Intensity Track
The Graduate School has launched a new Business and Social Innovation Intensity Track for MBAs focused on developing the mindset, skills, and competencies needed to create economic and social value simultaneously. The role of business in society has significantly shifted, and business leaders are increasingly challenged with the complexities of “doing well” (economic value), while at the same time “doing good” (social value). This Intensity Track begins to connect students to expanded resources and networks that are valuable in leading social value creation whether inside of business or in any other domain.
Students who have successfully completed the Track requirements, including MBAs who are graduating this May, can use the “Business and Social Innovation Intensity Track” qualification on their resumes, LinkedIn profiles, and other personal and professional documents, and can work with Grad CCD and The Lewis Institute to communicate this intentional focus more broadly. In addition, any MBAs eligible for this Track will receive a special designation at Commencement. The Business and Social Innovation Intensity Track requires a rich combination of course work and entrepreneurial experiences to practice the concepts of social innovation, as well as a two-hour MBA Impact Hour on the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Approved application or confirmation from Graduate Academic Services
- Complete a Social Innovation Experience as described below
- A total of 6 course credits completed, between the academic approved course list and the Social Innovation Experience
- Attend the MBA Impact Hour
Social Innovation Experience (required, choose at least one from the following list):
- Social Innovation Inventureships
- Approved Independent Study
- Babson Board Fellows Program: Give Back, Gain Experience
Approved Academic Courses Include (as of February 2017):
- MOB 7522: Leading and Managing Sustainability (3 credits)
- MFE: 7500: Lewis Institute MCFE (1.5 or 3 credits)
- EPS 9555: Public Policy Entrepreneurship (1.5 credits)
- MOB 7548: Leading for Social Value (1.5 credits)
- MOB 9540: Extended Enterprise Management Practicum (1.5 credits)
- FIN 7517: Financing and Valuing Sustainability (3 credits)
- MBA 7541: Conscious Capitalism (3 credits)
- EPS7539: Future Trends in EPS Ventures (1.5 credits)
- EPS7532: The Principle of Objectivity (1.5 credits)
- EPS7538: Japan: Institutions and Entrepreneurship (3 credits)
- MSM6110: Global Entrepreneurship Experience (3 credits)
Those interested in applying for this Track should contact email@example.com.