Top Five Reasons for Selecting Babson’s MSEL Program: A Student’s Perspective
Hello! My name is Andrea and I am a current MSEL’16 candidate at Babson. I come from a non-business background and was interested in a business program that was a more hands-on, creative experience that would set me up for success in the future. I also wanted to go somewhere that valued people as well as profit, a place that believed I could help change the world. And that’s what Babson is to me.
I’m here to tell you the top 5 reasons why choosing the Master of Science in Management in Entrepreneurial Leadership (MSEL) program may be one of the best decisions of your life thus far:
- The MSEL program will help you gain real-world experience. My classmates and I will be spending a week in Chile next semester for a global consultant project. For a lot of us in the program, we’re coming right out of undergrad and have limited experience. You will be working on projects and have experiences that you can put on your resume, tell employers, and take with you for the rest of your career.
- The MSEL program will value your uniqueness. Whether you’re from a business-related background or a non-business background, the MSEL program will have learning opportunities and challenges for everyone, but also a lot of opportunities to expand your skillset and knowledge. There are many opportunities, whether it’s in-class discussion or semester-long projects, for students to really grow and share their passions with classmates and professors. The diversity in education (various different majors, types of schools, and countries) allows everyone to contribute their strengths and talents while learning from others’ strengths and talents.
- The MSEL program will expand your global perspective. I’ve had the pleasure of working in groups with people from all over the world. My learning group currently has students from Florida, Massachusetts, China, India, and the Dominican Republic. I can now tell a future employer that I’m comfortable with not just working in teams, but that I can thrive in a diverse environment.
- The MSEL program invests in the future of entrepreneurship. Recently, my classmates and I worked with Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) at a local high school to help students with their business plans. It was definitely one of the most fulfilling experiences I’ve ever had! It reminded me that Babson is not just committed to raising up successful business people, they’re committed to investing in others so they can do the same.
- The MSEL program is more than a cohort; it’s a support system. When I first started this program, I never expected to have the support system I have found here. The staff members here want to help you nail that interview for your dream job, will advocate for you to employers, and will give you the tools you need to achieve your goals. And as far as classmates, for a year, you’ll be working day in and out with the same group of people. You’ll laugh together, you’ll get frustrated with each other, but at the end of the day you will learn so much from one another. You’ll make connections, possibly form partnerships, and have a network for life.
To learn more about the MSEL program, visit www.babson.edu/msel.