Meet the Undergrad CCD Team

Jaime Doherty

What is your role in CCD?
Interim Director / Senior Associate Director, Corporate Relations

How long have you been working at Babson?
19 years this September (8+ years in CCD)

What do you love most about working in CCD and/or Babson?
“The CCD staff is an amazing and hard working group! We support each other and, as a team, help guide our students to explore and achieve their career successes.”

What is the best career advice you’ve ever received?
“It’s the little things that matter.”

What is one takeaway/lesson/something you learned over the last year?
“I had forgotten how much I love to read. Slowing down this past year allowed me the opportunity to sit down (without feeling I had to be somewhere else), pick up a book, and get lost in another world for a while… That is a gift!”

What do you like to do outside of work?
“I have two teenage boys and I love being their Mom. I love watching them play soccer, swim in the ocean, laugh with us and their friends, and seeing them become who they are meant to be! I also love listening to music, reading when I have time (see above answer!), and spending time on the beaches of Cape Cod with my family.”

One piece of advice for students:
“There is something very special about Babson. Take a moment to reflect and remember a great experience you’ve had or your favorite place to go on campus… commit it to memory. I promise that you will always go back there in your mind when you least expect it or need it the most!”

______________________________________________

Arline MacCormack

What is your role in CCD?
Associate Director, Experiential Programs

21 years

“My daughter grew up going to Camp on the Hill and then Babson Sports Camps. Five years ago she graduated from our MSEL. After she landed her first job, she said “Mom, Babson changed my life!” I couldn’t agree with her more, Babson has changed both of our lives. Babson and CCD are so much more than the place where I work. Babson is family.”

“Love what you do!”

“As long as we stick together, we can get through anything! Even a global pandemic. I am so proud of the way Babson handled the pandemic, prioritizing the health and safety of our whole community.”

What do you like to do outside of work?
“I love gardening, playing Pickleball, and traveling with and cooking for my family and friends. I’m a serious Outlander fan, and also love watching the Red Sox and Patriots. We added an outdoor TV this year, and enjoy watching the Red Sox on the deck in the evenings.”

Fun fact!
“My sister, Christine MacCormack, also works at Babson. She’s Dean Ward’s assistant! I had been at Babson for about 1 year when a job opened up in Academic Services and I encouraged her to apply. This is her 20th year at Babson!”

Hao He

What is your role in CCD?
Associate Director, International Relationship Manager

2+ years

“Babson is a very big family where people support each other. I really enjoy working with my colleagues at the Undergraduate Center of Career Development as we really love what we do at CCD. During the pandemic, we have supported each other both professionally and personally. We shared laughs, tears, stories, families, friends and relatives…”

“The best career advice I received is to open up your career goal with your network. I came from another country and moved to Boston few years ago. My coach talked to me about networking while making friends – aka networking is not a serious thing to do. You can do it with your neighbors, your barber, your friends’ friends…. The best networking usually happens when you are not intentionally looking for a job. As a matter of fact, that is how I got my job at Babson.”

“I learned that you have to make the best of any situation. During quarantine, my family created a detective themed movie, went fruit picking and hiking, watched outdoor movies, made bread and pizza… We actually enjoyed a lot more family time than before.”

Fun fact!
“I originally came from Shanghai, China. Since I came to the U.S., I lived in 5 major metropolitan cities: Phoenix, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago and Boston. My journey has been fun!”

Caroline Hayes

What is your role in CCD?
Senior Associate Director – “I have worked at Babson in the Undergraduate Center for Career Development for over 10 years! I started on the team in a Corporate Relations role building relationships with companies interested in hiring Babson talent, across all industries. After a few years, I transitioned over to my current position which combines student career advising and employer relations with a primary focus on students pursuing opportunities in finance.”

10+ years (11 years this September)

“I love working at Babson and in CCD because of the people I am surrounded by on a daily basis! I learn so much from my colleagues and from the students. The work that we do in the Center for Career Development is always changing and what I love about Babson is the ability to continue to pivot and make changes based on the needs of our students.”

“Get out of your comfort zone and be a lifelong learner.”

“This year was certainly a year like no other. It was incredibly challenging for a number of reasons. Life is short and it is so important to enjoy each day, spend it with those that you love and be grateful for what you have, especially your health. These are all life lessons I knew before, however after this past year, it really puts these things into perspective.”

What do you like to do outside of work?
“I love being active and outdoors, whether it’s running, cycling, hiking, an OTF gym class or playing with my kids! I have 3 young kids and a lot of my time is spent with them and watching them do what they love (hockey, lacrosse, soccer, gymnastics, riding…). We are usually on a field, at the rink, at the gym or the barn! It may sound like a lot but it’s been so fun to see them grow, try new things, and learn how to be team players. One of our favorite places to go is the Cape and we plan on spending a lot of time there this summer on the beach as a family!”