Fall 2020 Undergraduate Recruiting is OPEN at Babson
Babson College Hoffman Family Undergraduate Center for Career Development (CCD) invites you to join us VIRTUALLY this fall to build your brand and identify talent for your organization! Babson’s top priority has been – and continues to be – the health and safety of our community. Recently, the College announced our Return to Campus plan and is intended to safeguard our entire community while continuing to provide academic continuity and excellence.
- Undergraduate classes will begin on Monday, August 24th and end on Thursday, November 19th. Students will not return to campus after Thanksgiving Break and finals will be held virtually.
- Though there will be a certain percentage of students studying on campus this fall, the Undergraduate Center for Career Development (CCD) will host our campus recruiting activities in a VIRTUAL We know some of you have been leaning towards a virtual recruiting experience and now, we are all moving forward in that format together!
Our office is proudly committed to continuing the high touch service and support to our employer partners in this virtual environment and, for this fall, are offering a 25-30% reduction in fees for our campus recruiting programs.
We may not physically be together this fall, but we look forward to finding new (and yes, sometimes old is new!), innovative, and entrepreneurial ways to connect you with our incredible student talent this year. We welcome continued conversations and planning meetings to design a virtual strategy with you.
FALL 2020 VIRTUAL PROGRAMS
INFORMATION FOR EMPLOYERS!
VIRTUAL CAREER FAIRS ON HANDSHAKE
Virtual Career Fairs require a different kind of preparation than in person, and we strongly recommend signing up for the below training to ensure your virtual booth is set up in advance as to how you/your organization will want to connect with our students (ie; Handshake has different options for both 1:1 and group sessions.) Below are quick and easy blog guides created to ensure you have all you need to prepare.
- Virtual Fairs in Handshake: A Guide for Employers
- Virtual Fairs: Recommendations on Staffing your Virtual Career Fair
- Creating a Schedule for Virtual Fairs
- Video: How to Set a Schedule for a Virtual Fair
- Video: Virtual Fairs Demo for Employers
- Handshake Virtual Career Fair Training for Employers (recorded 07/16/2020)
VIRTUAL INDUSTRY SPOTLIGHT PROGRAM
Hosted via Zoom breakout rooms where employer hosts multiple student sessions
Cost per Session**: $100 General / $50 Start-Up/Non-Profit
INFORMATION FOR EMPLOYERS!
ZOOM BREAKOUT ROOMS
- Industry Spotlights provide a platform for multiple employers from an industry to come together, meet interested students, and identify talent. Compared to the traditional “info session”, this program will allow you to meet a broader pool of candidates who are interested in your industry and/or functions for which you are recruiting.
- The spotlights will be hosted via Zoom Breakout rooms to allow for more targeted conversations in multiple small group virtual sessions. We will share updates on logistics as the events get closer.
Please reach to Annie Bergeron if you have any questions.
**Cost: $100 General / $50 Start-Up/Non-Profit PER session. If a company is recruiting for both INTERN and FULL-TIME they will receive a 50% discount on one event for a total of $150 to participate in both sessions
9/9 – VIRTUAL FINANCE SPOTLIGHT**
INTERN RECRUITING: Wednesday, September 9th 5:30pm – 7:00pm
-Target Audience: Sophomores & Juniors
FULL-TIME RECRUITING: Wednesday, September 9th 7:30pm – 9:00pm
-Target Audience: Senior
Due to an overwhelming interest in this event, space is limited. To indicate your interest please complete THIS FORM. NOTE – Completing THIS FORM does not register you for this event.
9/16 – VIRTUAL ACCOUNTING SPOTLIGHT
Wednesday, September 16th
5:30pm – 7:00pm
Target Audience: First Years, Sophomores & Juniors.
Register NOW »
Based on current accounting recruiting trends, the focus of this year’s Accounting Spotlight is Internship Recruiting for First Years, Sophomores & Juniors. To participate, all employers must be actively recruiting for at least one internship opportunity.
9/17 – VIRTUAL CONSULTING SPOTLIGHT**
Thursday, September 17th
5:30pm – 7:00pm
Target Audience: Seniors
Register NOW (Full-Time Recruiting) »
Thursday, September 17th
7:30pm – 9:00pm
Target Audience: Sophomores & Juniors
Register NOW (Intern Recruiting) »
MORE WAYS TO ENGAGE
Post a FULL TIME and/or INTERNSHIP opportunities in Handshake.
Schedule VIRTUAL INTERVIEWS in Handshake.
Even though interviews won’t be taking place on campus, we can still help build and manage your interview schedules! Interviews will begin on Tuesday, September 29th. NOTE: Investment Banks should contact Annie Bergeron to discuss your individual campus recruiting strategy timeline. Request your dates in Handshake »
Post your VIRTUAL INFO SESSIONS in Handshake
Going old school! We invite you to host your company session online and post it to Handshake. TIPS:
- We recommend it be a live session – include a Babson alum or recent intern participate (and market this in the description)
- Highlight you will have the opportunity for Q&A.
- Record the session and share it with all registrants after the session (even those that perhaps registered but could not attend.
Need help choosing a date or have questions? Contact Annie Bergeron.
Promote your COMPANY CAREER EVENTS in Handshake
Is your company hosting a networking event, webinar, career night, or presentation? Post your event directly in Handshake to target the students you’re looking for and further build your brand! New to Handshake? Here are some details on How to Request an Event in Handshake or you can contact Annie Bergeron to set learn more.
EXPERIENTIAL ENGAGEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Externship (Job Shadow) Program
Provide first year or sophomore student(s) a virtual or in-person job shadowing/externship opportunity for one to three days during our school breaks providing relevant experience and showcasing your organization. Learn More » or Register »
Students as Consultants
Looking for consulting support? The Management Consulting Field Experience (MCFE) program connects organizations with a team of talented Babson students who work as consultants to address a current business challenge. Submit your project proposal by October 1st to participate in Spring 2020. Learn More » or Apply Today »
RESOURCES FOR EMPLOYERS
We are committed to our employer partners’ success. See the resources below to further support your employer brand and virtual campus recruiting strategies.
Handshake Help Center For Employer
Need help using Handshake? Handshake has a full online Help Center with valuable resources such as: relevant articles, videos, and step by step instructions on how to use each function of the site. Not seeing what you’re looking for? You can always CONTACT SUPPORT for specific questions.