The Power of Improvement

Being already over half way through with my summer internship, and having just completed an evaluation on the company itself, I thought it would be appropriate to write about what I see happening on a day-to-day basis that I feel is the key to the company’s success in the industry. William Raveis, a real estate agency located mainly along the east coast region of the country, has a strong reputation for delivering exceptional services to its clients. Over the past several years, for instance, it has obtained the Top Luxury Home Brokerage Award, as well as has been one of the top agencies in New England.

What I greatly admire about this company, however, is not necessarily all of its awards and honors per say, but, rather, its desire to seek continuous improvement. Although a leader among other agencies, Bill Raveis, the CEO, has made it quite clear that he strives to consistently be looking towards the future. Just recently, for instance, William Raveis has announced its partnership with Gannett, a media company, which aims to help firms enhance their media efforts and platforms. Additionally, Bill Raveis has asked Tom Ferry, the number one ranked real estate coach, to on-board with the company and teach agents how to further propel their business. Christa Ross, the VP of Career Development, has also increased her presence throughout the offices, and has made a remarkable effort to post certain ‘challenges’ for their agents in regards to become more familiar and active with social media.

In short, what I have seen thus far during my internship is that William Raveis is a company with a very promising future. Despite already having such a great presence in nine states, Bill Raveis’ goal of expanding the company west is no doubt achievable. With steady and very frequent improvement to the agency, William Raveis has taught me the importance of always being a step ahead.