Internship Reflection

As I enter the last week of my internship, I am sending thank-you emails, meeting with supervisors, and taking in the last few days at the ballclub. As I look back on my summer internship, I am very pleased with the way it turned out. When I originally decided that this was what I was going to do for the summer, I was a little hesitant. It was not your typical internship and the pay was not great but the experience from working inside a Major League stadium is indescribable. Sports is an industry that I am interested in working in, but this internship did not confirm it. Although I enjoyed attending every game and being inside the stadium and behind the scenes, I also realized how challenging it can be to be successful in this industry.

I have a few pieces of advice for future students looking for internships. It does not have to be the most exciting internship with the “best” company to be an internship that is worthwhile.  Another piece of advice I have is to engage with everyone you can. It is interesting to meet your fellow coworkers and here their experiences and they ended up in this industry. It is also important to enjoy every second of the internship and learn as much as possible, because before you know it the summer will be over and you will be getting ready to take everything you have learned back to Babson.