Meeting the President of Disruptor Records

Sony offers Masterclasses taught by Sony Employees and other key players in the music industry. One of them being President of Disruptor Records, and manager of the Chainsmokers, Adam Alpert.

Personally, I’m not the type to see the speaker after the meeting unless I have something to say, so I didn’t have an opportunity to speak with him one-on-one, but people always give out hints of their personality when they speak in front of a crowd. Especially when they don’t have a script in front of them.

To my slight surprise, Adam Alpert is a very down-to-earth guy, and a man I respect. As a manager, you can sense his humility and dedication to the Chainsmokers, hustling to help maintain their success while remaining in the shadows. Despite being a fan of some of their music, I don’t always have the best opinion about the Chainsmokers as individuals, but knowing that they are backed by a great guy really encourages me.

It was interesting to hear how simply the Chainsmokers came together, and the story of their success. In each moment, you could see how supportive Adam was as a manager, and how he worked hard to bring the Chainsmokers to higher and higher levels. It’s not every day you receive insight on the struggles faced and the humility needed it takes to reach the top.

In simple words: I enjoyed my experience in the MasterClass with Adam Alpert.