Third Times a Charm

It is easy to get lost in the world of business with all the different fields to explore – marketing, accounting, finance, human resources, and so much more. Going into my third year at Babson I was still confused with what I wanted to do within the realm of business. I had tried both marketing and accounting internships over the past summers and realized that neither of those would be the ideal path for me to go on. I am a huge fan of getting to know people and building relationships and sitting at a desk everyday crunching numbers on two screens just was not the right fit for me.

Summer was quickly approaching and I started to worry about what I wanted to do since I had no internship lined up. With the internship hunt in full swing, I met ALKU at the internship fair. Knowing that they were a staffing agency, I decided to give them a chance. I had been exposed to recruiting in my former internship and had an understanding of the functionality of staffing agencies. Luckily, I got the internship and have found something I love to do. With two weeks under my belt, I am excited to go to work every day. At ALKU I focus in on working with consultants to update their latest information and to act as a bridge between them and the clients of our firm. Working at ALKU has taught me so much already and continues to help me grow each and every day. With each day comes a different challenge, whether it be no one answering the phones or getting an unpleasant caller on the other line, but with this also comes a new experience. Pushing through the tough days has been one of the hardest challenges to overcome. It is easy to get discouraged when you are calling all day and no one picks up, but it is those moments where you get someone on the line that make it all worth it. I have learned that it is not easy to be a recruiter, but it is something I love to do and is worth all the challenges. With 6 weeks to go I am excited to share my journey with you and to discover more of what the staffing industry has to offer.