CLTP at Babson – A Unique Coaching Experience

Over the weekend, I participated in the Coaching for Leadership and Teamwork Program (CLTP), which Babson students do in their first year and again as part of the Strategic Problem Solving course for upperclassmen. This is a unique opportunity to receive coaching on skills that are necessary to being strong contributors in team settings during and after college. Who are the coaches? They may be Babson alum, business owners, or other industry professionals who volunteer their time to assess students and coach them using feedback from their own experiences.

During the program, we get assigned to groups of 5 or 6 students and are given three cases to analyze and walk through together. The cases are usually business problems that may involve challenges such as how to improve company sales or address a conflict between employees. As we work through the cases, the coaches observe us, although we aren’t told which coach is assigned to who until we’re finished.

Getting to participate in CLTP again was a great experience! I got to work with students I had never met before and heard valuable feedback on my leadership and teamwork abilities. My coach was extremely helpful in identifying things I need to improve on, while reinforcing the things I do well and should continue. It was also nice to reflect on my coach’s feedback from my first year to see how I’ve grown since then. CLTP is a unique program offered to Babson students that you definitely don’t want to miss!

Learn more about the program here: Coaching for Leadership and Teamwork Program