Congrats Class of 2015!

This post was written by Anamaria Najera ’17, CCD Peer Career Ambassador

To the graduating seniors of 2015, congrats on making it through your four years at Babson!! Although graduation is a bittersweet moment it is a time to reflect on what you have accomplished and more importantly on how you will conquer the world moving forward.

So here a few of my favorite commencement speeches to spur some inspiration and excitement for what is to come:

1) “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life. No one is here today because they did it on their own… You never know what is around the corner unless you peek. Hold someone’s hand while you do it. You will feel less scared. You can’t do this alone. Besides it is much more fun to succeed and fail with other people. You can blame them when things go wrong. Take your risks now. As you grow older, you become more fearful and less flexible. And I mean that literally. I hurt my knee on the treadmill this week and it wasn’t even on.” – Amy Poehler (Harvard 2011) 

2) “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all—in which case, you fail by default. Failure gave me an inner security that I had never attained by passing examinations. Failure taught me things about myself that I could have learned no other way. I discovered that I had a strong will, and more discipline than I had suspected; I also found out that I had friends whose value was truly above the price of rubies.” – J.K Rowling (Harvard 2008)

3) ” Now is the time in your life to be selfish. To explore. To take chances. Remember being selfish is not the same as being self-indulgent. You have the gift of time. Use it to do what you love. Believe anything is possible and then work like hell to make it happen.” – Julianna Margulies (Sarah Lawrence 2010)

4) ” Follow your passion, stay true to yourself. Never follow anyone else’s path, unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path, and by all means you should follow that.” – Ellen Degeneres (Tulane 2009)

If you were too lazy to read everything just remember these things: find the right people, embrace failure, work hard, and follow your passions.

Hope the best for you all and once again CONGRATULATIONS!!