Introduction to my Summer

Hi all,

Since this is my first blog post. I figured I might as well introduce myself and what I’m going to be doing this summer. My name is David Wang and I am currently a rising junior from New York City. However, for the next two months I will be experiencing a completely new environment as I learn to live on my own in Hong Kong.

There, I will be interning at Bank of China International Holdings Limited (BOCI). BOCI is a subsidiary of Bank of China Ltd, which was founded in 1912 and has since grown to be one of the largest commercial banks in the world. BOCI serves as a platform for several key investment banking services including but not limited to mergers & acquisitions, financial advisory, equity sales & trading.

For the purposes of my internship, I will be working under the General Industries sector of the Investment Banking Department. Based on the nature of this industry, I will expect to be doing a lot of research and possible financial simulations. However, this is all just speculation for the time being but I will make sure to keep you posted on my progress once I start working.

David