Thoughts and Goals of an eCommerce Intern

The month leading up to my internship with BCBG Max Azria Group went by so fast! Before I knew it, I was getting ready for a long commute to the company’s headquarters for my first day. On my 30-mile drive, I become very anxious, nervous, and excited.

Those who know me best know that I have a laid back and casual sense of style. When I accepted my internship, I knew that I would definitely be getting out of my comfort zone by trying something new in a totally different environment. However, by giving myself a challenge, I know I will do all I can to learn and gain valuable experience in the upcoming weeks ahead.

As BCBG’s eCommerce Intern, my goal is to learn more about how eCommerce has changed business operations. Though I have never analyzed any kind of web analytics, I am eager to put myself out there to learn about the different kinds of software and databases that companies utilize to better understand the engagement between their website and customer. I hope to shadow someone on the eCommerce team to learn more about analytics or hopefully, have a hands on experience with the software or database utilized. It may be difficult navigating through a program I am not familiar with, but I am for up for the challenge since eCommerce is something that will continue to be of importance to businesses.

In terms of performance, I hope to leave BCBG with more confidence in myself. I am usually really shy with people I do not know well but I hope that I will develop the skills to branch out and learn how to network effectively. By the end of the internship, I hope to establish a good relationship with those who I have worked with, connect on LinkedIn and keep that relationship beyond the duration of the summer.

Though I arrived nervous and anxious on my first day, I hope to leave full of confidence and new knowledge through this position!