Improving Your Online Presence
Hi everybody! As this is the first time I am writing here, I decided to start off by introducing myself. My name is Claudia Ogrezeanu and I am currently a junior at Babson College. This summer I will be working as a HR Intern at PwC Romania, which is part of the Central and Eastern European Group. I have included some PwC quick facts:
- Ranked #2 on Diversity Inc’s 2013 Top 50 Companies for Diversity list;
- As of June 2012, over 7,500 people worked at PwC in CEE (Central and Eastern Europe);
- PwC has 53 offices in 29 countries across CEE;
- Universum ranked PwC #7 of the World’s Most Attractive Employers by business students in 2012;
- Each year PwC employs more than 700 interns across the CEE region and more than 88% of those interns accept careers in the group after they graduate;
- Some of the countries that are part of CEE are: Slovakia, Poland, Romania, Hungary, Montenegro, Estonia, Slovenia, Serbia, Lithuania, Armenia, Albania, Latvia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Russia, and many other more!
But let’s get back to what I was saying in the title! Each of us has dreams regarding the perfect job. Or the perfect internship. With the increasing amount of social presences, all the employers are checking out candidates based on their various social profiles such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, to name just a few. But what can you do to stand out when applying for that awesome summer internship? One of the keys is represented by improving your online presence. One tool that may help you is the Online ID Calculator that exists on the PwC website. You just have to introduce data based on what appears on the Google search engine after you type up your name. Using this tool, you have the opportunity to see how your personal brand shows up based on the 10 questions you have to reply. Additionally, you get tips on how to improve your image in the online environment. After doing the short quiz, you can watch the videos and afterwards complete the exercises in the personal brand workbook. All of these can help you better prepare your candidate profile for no matter what company you want to apply to.
This is what I got!
Want to do the test? Then check out this website: