Senior Year Bucket List

When you are trying to figure out the future it is easy to get caught up in what is coming next and miss what is passing right in front of you. A friend of mine in high school wisely said: though it is important to not drive while looking in the rearview mirror, it is equally important to not take your eyes off the road directly in front of you.

As senior year quickly approaches (EEP!) I am starting to think about all of the opportunities I have here at Babson and which ones I know I do not want to miss out on. There are so many options, but I think I have narrowed them down to a few.

1. Wear the Babson Beaver (Biz E. Beaver) mascot costume to an event
  2. Find a green dress for Babson themed events
  3. Run a half marathon
  4. Watch the sunrise and sunset on the Upper Fields
  5. Explore what outdoors activities Massachusetts has to offer
  6. Go skiing
  7. Explore different restaurants in Boston
  8. Attend as many cultural shows at Babson as possible

I think the two things I am most excited for are:

1. Land a job: It is hard to believe that when I leave Babson I will be living on my own and paying for necessities like rent (unfortunately you cannot be an RA in the real world). Of course I want to get a job that will help me pay the bills, have a fabulous wardrobe and be able to put some in the bank. Although all of these things are important, I want my job to be something I am excited about. I want it to motivate me each day to work hard and feel like I am making a difference. This job will also allow me to put my fantastic Babson education to work.
  2. Make new friends: Although Babson is a relatively small school, I constantly find myself meeting new, fascinating people. I want to take advantage of the last year I have at school to meet all of the amazing people I can, while still maintaining the friendships I have. With so much focus on academics and the job search, I know it will be important for me to designate time to spend with those close to me.