Undergraduate Blog / Admission

A New Year…A New Blog!

Hello, everyone! My name is Ellen Zatkowski and I am an Admission Counselor here in the Undergraduate Admission office at Babson.  I have been a member of the Babson community since I graduated from Boston College in 2012 with a major in History and a minor in French.  During my undergraduate career at BC, I became heavily involved as a student volunteer in the admission office and so enjoyed my experience working with prospective students and their families that I decided to continue working in higher education following graduation.  So far, my experience at Babson has only reinforced this decision! Every day, I look forward to meeting and working with future Babson students as well as our current students.

In addition to traveling, reading applications, and other admission duties, I am specifically responsible for advising some of our student organizations here at Babson.  For example, I am one of the counselors who oversee our student volunteer program, the Admission Assistant Program (AAP).  If you have ever had a campus tour at Babson, then you have met some of the amazing students that I work with!  I also serve as an advisor for the Babson Admission Mentors (BAM), which is a student organization that mentors Boston public high school students through the college process.  The opportunity to advise both Babson and non-Babson students through AAP and BAM is, without a doubt, one of the most rewarding parts of my job.  As I begin 2014 with writing my first ever blog entry, I am planning on focusing my blog partly on our wonderful students and highlighting some of the great work that they do and the incredible opportunities that they have taken advantage of here at Babson.  Since I am definitely a blog “rookie,” please let me know if there are any topics that you would like to know more about, either about the admission process or Babson in general.  I’m always on the lookout for inspiration!