Next Week: Finals; Next Month: Ghana

This will probably be the only time I am thrilled to say I had class from 6 to 9 pm on a Friday night and 9 am to 1 pm on a Saturday morning. But this was not just any class. This was my last pre-departure class before I leave to teach entrepreneurship in Ghana over winter break. I am so excited to get started, and in typical Babson fashion, already have an Excel spreadsheet of everything I need to bring with me.  January 8th at 1 pm I will be leaving campus with about 45 other students to head to Logan International Airport where we will start the first leg of our journey to Sekondi, Ghana. When we get there, we will be working in pairs, traveling to different high schools to teach entrepreneurship.

There will be a long journey (an entire day!) but I am so excited to get there and start teaching. We will be working with high school students to help them develop a business plan for a competition at the end of the week. After three weekends of classes learning about culture, politics and entrepreneurship in Africa, on top of hearing amazing stories from students that have gone in the past, I know this will be an experience I will never forget.