A Summer of Opportunities

Babson encourages and helps prepare its students to pursue opportunities, and I am excited to report that I have a summer full of opportunities ahead. After a great first semester at Babson last fall, I knew that I wanted to live and work in Boston over the summer. I found an amazing company called Janji (www.RunJanji.com) that seemed to match my skills and interests perfectly, and subsequently reached out to the company’s founders about an internship possibility.

The socially responsible company is a unique running apparel start-up, just over a year old, operating out of Brookline, MA. The company is committed to “Running For Another” and each of its apparel items sold helps fight the food and water crisis in various nations around the globe. As a runner, entrepreneur, and someone committed to global responsibility, I saw the internship position as an ideal match for me. After meeting with one of the founders in Boston over winter break and a few follow-up conversations, I immediately accepted when I was offered the internship position.

Janji

This weekend I will be moving into an apartment a couple miles from the office and starting the internship right after Memorial Day. I am looking forward to making positive contributions and learning from a small and driven company with a clear vision. While I will be the youngest intern by a few years, I see this as another chance to gain even better experience. After the conclusion of my internship, I hope to continue as an Assistant Director at an overnight high school running camp in Vermont that I helped operate last summer before moving to Babson in mid-August for cross country preseason.

I will continue to blog this summer about my experiences. I also have a couple other possible opportunities in the works so I’ll be sure to blog about any new developments.

Have a great summer and take advantage of opportunities that may arise!