Internship Fair 2013

Hello again!

I have to share a very interesting experience with you all. Last month Babson hosted its annual internship fair where numerous companies set up tables at Knight Auditorium and answered questions and introduced internship ventures. As a first-year student I didn’t really think I would get any attention from the companies since I’ve only been at Babson for one semester. Nonetheless, I still attended  the fair because it’s never too late to start making connections. I learned a few things form my experience at the fair.  I learned that you should always have a resume on hand. I learned that even if you are  a freshman it’s good to start a relationship with recruiters early; they may contact you in the future for career opportunities.  Although some companies gave me the cold shoulder once they discovered I was only a first year student, some companies took my resume and continued to maintain a conversation with me. I knew that business could lead to many careers but I was oblivious to how many different career fields are available to business majors. The internship just allowed me to continue to think about what I would like to concentrate in or do after I graduate Babson. I am just glad to know that I have an abundance of options and resources.

So, no I didn’t get an full time job offer from a fortune 500 company as a first year student . However, I did learn that with all of the resources I have here at Babson, it is definitely possible after graduation ( or during my sophomore year 😀 ).