Undergraduate Blog / Admission

Can I Bring My Car?

The first day of October brings me to Princeton, New Jersey – a truly beautiful place!

In order to complete my travel and access all of the schools and amenities of the local Princeton area, I need a car. Without my rental Chevy Impala, I’d be stuck; however, this is not the case for Babson students looking to access the Boston area. Today I found that many students want to know:

AM I ALLOWED TO HAVE A CAR ON CAMPUS?

Yes! Babson students are permitted to bring a car to campus each year, even freshman year. Although I receive many astonished and excited faces when sharing this information, I want to assure you that a car is allowed, but honestly, not needed. The Student Government Association sponsors shuttle services each semester to encourage students’ exploration of the local Boston area and the neighboring Olin and Wellesley campuses. Stops include: Wellesley and Olin campuses, Central Square, Quincy Market, Theater District, Copley Square, Woodland MBTA, Natick Mall and Roche Bros. The shuttle provided Thursday-Saturday runs as late as 3:15 A.M. in order to provide safe transportation for Babson students both to and from campus.

So the next time you are running on E and desperately need to find a gas station, take a second to reflect on this amazing chance at FREE & SAFE transportation that Babson is offering to ALL students. If you become a Babson student not only will you save that extra cash, but you will have the Boston area at your convenience to explore, enjoy and make your own. What more could you ask for?