Florence & the Machine show

This past weekend I had the amazing opportunity to work at the Florence & the Machine show in Central Park.  The show was a part of the Summer Stage program that Time Out New York sponsors.  My duties while working there included passing out free t-shirts and taking guests’ photos at a photo booth that we set up.

The show was amazing!  There were two opening acts that were fun, but by the time Florence & the Machine took the stage I was in awe.  Florence’s voice was outstanding with amazingly high pitches and catchy tunes.  If you are unaware of this band, you might recognize their song, “Dog Days Are Over” featured in the Eat, Pray, Love trailer.  Not only was the band amazing to listen to, the show was also aesthetically pleasing as well.  The lead singer was wearing a translucent, emerald green cape and the stage was adorned with shiny tapestry and blinking lightbulb bird cages.

Because I was working at the event, the other interns and I arrived at the venue a few hours before the doors opened.  We set up our booth and had fun interacting with the other sponsors.  The show was one of the few Summer Stage concerts that charged an admission, so I was very fortunate not to have had to pay!  My experience from working this even has taught me the joys of interacting with potential customers, engaging their interest and also having a lot of fun doing it!