BREC 2nd Workshop for Developing Entrepreneurs

This July, BREC will be hosting its second Workshop for Developing Entrepreneurs, centered around the following theme: Improving Access to Finance. For my first two weeks of the internship, my assignments have been centered around preparing for this event. I have been working with the project directors in Rwanda, alumni Chris Smith ’09/M ’10 and Ben Cox ’10.

This workshop is intended to bring together entrepreneurial service providers- organizations that serve entrepreneurs through training, consultation, incubation; etc- with representatives from financial institutions, in order to communicate existing financial opportunities provided by these institutions, as well as identify non-traditional forms of financing in order to better serve Rwandan entrepreneurs.  My tasks began with creating an invitation for and reaching out to potential panelists from various financial institutions in Rwanda, since the workshop will include panel discussions about how service providers can better help entrepreneurs access available financing. I initially created an invitation for the service providers, who make up the Entrepreneurship Alliance that was created after BREC’s first workshop in March, but through communication with the project directors, during my first week, I was able to contact and confirm the panelists for the half-day workshop that will take place in July.

I also created a tentative schedule for the workshop and created an invitation for service providers with a short background on BREC, the Entrepreneurship Alliance, and the Developing Entrepreneurs Workshop.

I am currently working on distributing the final schedule to the panelists, creating and sending out invitations to other invited guests, and fine-tuning other assignments Chris and Ben have requested I organize in preparation for the workshop.
I shall be in touch shortly, but will be on a 3-week hiatus from June 21st to July 12, as I will be on the South Africa offshore. Be well fellow interns and readers!!

Peace, love, and prosperity is your essence. Be as you are!

Renee