Week Number 1

Hello everyone!

So my name is Jordan Fisk and I just recently started my summer internship at 451 Marketing last week. 451 Marketing is a Public Relations, New Media Marketing, and Brand Management agency located in Boston, MA. The agency is a fairly small organization with a few different segmented departments: Public Relations, Social Media, Marketing for the company, and a partnered Advertising and Design company. As I just mentioned, the company is rather small with approximately 20 people on its current staff, however there are quite a few interns on any given day.

My first day in the office got off to a rough start when my computer decided to lock me out of my operating system. I worked on another member of the team’s computer, however I eventually had to let that employee use it again, and I was sent home to get my laptop fixed. My second day went a lot better, partially due to my working computer, and I had a lot of projects to work on. I am currently assigned to three different accounts: USR, Alcea Jewelry Collection, and Party of Gold. USR is a company with a newly patented technology that will hopefully eventually lead to the development of the mobile wallet. Alcea Jewelry Collection and Party of Gold are two sister companies that were both started by a woman who resides in the Boston area. Last week I worked on developing an analyst brief for USR’s CEO in preparation for an upcoming company brief with an industry analyst and updated the media contacts database through the program Cision.

While the close of the week was definitely better than the start to my internship program, I am still interested to see how much responsibility I will be granted with so many different people interning. This week, I have my first media event at Splash in Boston, MA for Alcea Jewelry which I am definitely looking forward to.

Until next time,

Jordan Fisk