Snow!

ome days you wake up and you just know it’s going to be a good day. This morning I woke up opened my blinds and saw this:

Of course my natural instinct was to get back into my nice warm bed and sleep through the storm. As soon as I got comfortable I realized that I had to go to work. So in honor of the heaviest snowfall on campus to date this semester I decided to try a little something new and make an attempt at photoblogging! Winter at Babson is a significant part of student life and I thought that this might help perspective students, and those of you who were accepted ED (congratulations!) to figure out whether or not Babson will be a good fit for you. The dress code in the Admissions department here is business casual, and although a lot of first timers might think “Oh no! My loafers and slacks are going to get ruined!” after a semester at Babson you learn a few tricks. My favorite way to keep it classy in the middle of a snowstorm is wool socks and work boots. Nothing says style like tucking your pants into your socks! Not only does it help you to look fresh even on the most frigid of days, but it’s also functional. You won’t catch me with salt stains on the cuffs of my pants.

Fashion and Function

I bundled up and prepped myself to head on out into the snow. I left my dorm a little earlier than usual, the snow adds a bit of time to the commute and as anyone who’s ever watched a National Geographic special on wolves knows, the easiest way to tromp through the snow is by following someone else’s path. Luckily, I was able to take advantage of the tracks left behind by those students who enjoy taking classes before 9 AM. I’d like to take this moment to thank those students, some people may think they’re crazy, but I just think they’re trailblazers.  The Morning Commute

Wolf pack

I decided to take a stroll around the campus to see how the snow was affecting campus life.

View from Reynolds

Luckily, I was able to catch a glimpse of Babson’s very own Snow Squad. These guys are like snow ninjas, making sure that Babson students can travel to and from classes, the gym and work without being heavily inconvenienced by the snow. I woke up at 3 AM one wintry night my freshman year and the Snow Squad had already started clearing away the snow. When I woke up this morning, the Snow Squad was already hard at work. I do know for sure, but I think Babson sends the Snow Squad to Antarctica during the spring and summer months to hone their skills.

Snow Squad