Wake Up! We Are Back in Session

Hiiii,

This past week was when I realized that although I have had a ton of fun the first couple weeks of school, and literally no stress, I have to do work now. I really think my schedule always gets dominated by me trying to fit in going to guest speakers, school events, and celebrating birthdays (especially 21st!) before I even realize that I have a quiz or presentation the next day. But no worries, I get it all in. If I could change one thing here at Babson, although this would involve many more people, it would be to have more than 24 hours in a day. Sleep is always the last thing on my “to-do” list, but usually the most needed! Even my own mom, who lives twenty minutes away, needs to call me a week in advance to see when I can meet her for lunch or a quick shopping trip and catch up. Clearly, my daily phone calls in between class and meetings just don’t quite cut it for her 🙂 love you mom!

Speaking of shopping, I absolutely love my retail management class! It happened to be required as part of the Retail Supply Chain Management concentration, but I would’ve taken the class anyway. We have already studied Guilt Group, IKEA, a new fashion entrepreneurial company from Babson named Gretchy, and had a couple people from the TJX Headquarters come and elaborate their niche in the industry. I actually have a presentation on J.Crew and Marathon Sports next Tuesday too! The class truly engages you to experience the actual companies. I have taken a tour of the TJX Companies over in Framingham before, and I will be talking to one of the managers at Marathon Sports over the weekend; “no one is funner, than a runner!” 🙂 that’s the addictive running side of me coming out!

Besides analyzing retail companies, and running almost every day, I’ll give you an inside to the most popular student show on campus, the BDE show! It happens once a semester, for three nights in a row, when the Babson Dance Ensemble performs and takes over the STAGE! We had our meeting last night about which songs chorographers are using and what kind of a show we’re aiming for this semester. SO EXCITING 🙂 We introduced our new members to our 40+ student-run organization and even started brainstorming ideas for our senior solos! If you are around the area, be sure to come watch us perform (the fall shows are usually the first weekend in December)!

That’s just a quick peek at my past week! Let me know if there’s anything specific that you want to know about here at Babson. I’m supposed to be covering Greek life and social events, but there’s much more out there. Enjoy your weekends, and talk to you soon 🙂