Oh Thank Heavens for the Class of 2011

Hi! My name is Renee Barton and I am a senior here at Babson College.  I cannot believe that 4 years ago I was in the same boat as you guys!  Senior year of high school was just getting started, college applications were laying about the house waiting to be filled out, and there were many choices to be made.  I guess in many ways we are still in the same boat.  All you got to do is replace college hunting with the thrill of job hunting and you have senior year of college.  So stressful…so scary…but oh so exciting!!!

I am very excited to get blogging and so I can share my Babson experience and my journey through senior year with you.  But first more about me…

I was born and raised in Fort Worth, Texas.  I came to Babson because I wanted to experience something different during my four years of college.  I have grown to love the changes of seasons on campus, especially in the fall with all the different colored leaves on the trees.  It is a sight I definitely didn’t see back home.  To be honest, I do miss some things about Texas.  For instance, the upcoming Super Bowl will be taking place at the new Cowboys Stadium, which I can almost see from the highway near my house.  I am very sad that I can’t make it home for the Super Bowl. BUT watching the game at Roger’s Pub and being able to shout “Hey that’s my city!!!” whenever they show a piece of home will make up for that!

On campus I am involved in several different organizations.  I am in the Women’s Leadership Program through the Center for Women’s Leadership.  This year the CWL is celebrating its 10 anniversary so I am excited for all the events coming up.  I am also active in the Babson Players, the student theater group on campus.  We put on two shows a year and we are gearing up for a Fall comedy, Moon Over Buffalo. If you are in the area, come by and check it out!

One of my favorite Babson moments would have to be performing in Beauty and the Beast with the Babson Players my first year.  I played one of  the Silly Girls chasing after Gaston and an enchanted napkin.  Anyone who KNOWS me knows I LOVE Disney. So being able to perform in the musical was practically a dream come true.  Since then I have been involved with several more productions, made amazing friends, and found a fun creative outlet.

Well this is just a little intro to my Babson experience and I look forward to sharing more with yall!

Congrats on your senior year and get pumped up for the rest of YOUR journey!

Renee