New Student Orientation Reminders
With Orientation just a few days away, here are a few reminders as you prepare for your arrival on August 27th 2010.
- New Student Check begins at 8:00am on August 27th 2010 and continues until 11:45am in Knight Auditorium. I would recommend checking in as early as your schedule allows on this day. This will enable you have plenty of time to unpack your car, enjoy brunch and get ready for the start of the program.
- Students must meet with their Orientation groups promptly at 1:15pm on Friday, August 27th2010 on the Park Manor Quad. This is an important meeting to meet your peer mentor and your orientation groups.
- The family sessions begin at 1:15pm with a meeting for parents and family members (students are meeting with their groups at this time) in Knight Auditorium to be followed by additional sessions in the Reynolds Campus Center.
- Parents and family members will formally say goodbye at approximately 6:30pm on Friday August 27thafter the family BBQ.
- The complete orientation schedules will be posted on our new student website early next week.
- Highlights of Orientation program include (to name a few): Opening Celebration, Playfair, A presentation by Maura Cullen, Laser Tag, Boston Harbor Cruise, Summer Reader Speaker and multiple sessions from a variety of important faculty and staff at Babson.
- Wear comfortable clothes throughout the program.
- Plan to be kept busy throughout the program, there is some scheduled down time, but the program is comprehensive and you should plan accordingly.
- You will only have one College Orientation program, so listen and learn as much as you can, it will go by quickly.
The Babson community is looking forward to your arrival next week.