Undergraduate Blog / First Year at Babson

Break is Over!

Herbal Essences pretty much summed up my mood the day before I came back to Babson when I was restocking on college necessities and saw the shampoo/conditioner called “Break’s Over”.

..I figured I should get that one since break was over.

Now that I’m back at Babson, though, it’s really starting to sink in that break IS over and I have to really buckle down for these last few weeks until summer vacation! Unfortunately, that includes thinking about the second round of midterms, finals, final papers, our community service volleyball tournament for FME, registering for fall courses, and maybe even summer courses?

That’s right, everyone, I love Babson so much I want to stay here in the summer and take classes!

Okay maybe that’s not fully the reason, but it’s definitely part of the reason! )

At Babson, you have the option of taking summer courses in order to get some credits out of the way so that you can have more options during the school year. This includes being able to take more LVA/CVA classes during the school year by doing OEM or MCE during the summer, and then maybe even being able to study abroad the second semester of your sophomore year! You can even get a whole semester’s worth of classes out of the way in a summer if you’re thinking about graduating early! You can find out more about courses and studying abroad here. We have programs in numerous places around the world and our programs are as diverse as our student body (corny, I know, but true!).

For me, it’s a combination of both wanting to have met all the requirements that you need to study abroad and being able to take more Liberal Arts classes! We have really great Liberal Arts Classes taught by even more incredible professors, so I would love to have a semester filled with a Liberal Arts curriculum!

I’m on my way to another meeting, so I’ll leave you with a picture I found online that contrasts the gross weather we are having today: 

Peace!