Back into the Swing of Things

We’re almost done with the 3rd week of the semester already! Time is flying by and I feel as though I’ve only just gotten back from winter vacation! It’s never a dull moment on campus, and its especially true of the spring semester for me. Only a few days after returning to campus I was already back in class, heading to work at Academic Services and running over to Lacrosse practice to finish off the day. Its no wonder three weeks have gone by without me blinking, I have barely had time to sleep since I’ve been back. Assignments have been written and handed in, group meetings have begun and I’m almost over the pre-season body ache, almost…

I’m also trying to soak in all the last bits of knowledge Babson can bestow upon me in my last semester. I am taking some courses I am really enjoying so far, some to finish up my concentration: Global Business Management, and some for fun – Writing Poetry with Professor Pinard. I am going to go out on a limb and say its already one of my favorite classes I’ve taken in the last four years. It’s one of those classes where you’re always a bit nervous about speaking out loud because there isn’t really a wrong answer, but you think yours will be the first to prove that wrong! It’s a good class to take you out of your comfort zone as well, reading your own creative poetry and examining what your idea of poetry is really exposes you. Its those moments when you do step outside that comfort zone, when someone applauds your poetry or you help someone see a poem in a new light that the risk pays off, and it feels really good! Look at that hidden business environment, even in a poetry class!