Undergraduate Blog / Admission

Summer Plans for Next Fall’s Interns

Well, we are almost to the Fourth of July weekend.  It is raining AGAIN, but the forecast looks better for the weekend.  Very exciting- I live in Hingham, MA, and my husband and I live at the end of the Fourth of July parade route.  Not only are we planning on having lots of family and friends over for parade viewing, but we also have runners at our house following the finish of the morning’s road race. I recently finished teaching a learn to run class in town, and my whole class will be back after the race. I love small town New England traditions, and Hingham brings them all out for Independence Day.

Otherwise, life is pretty much in summer mode for me.  Because of this lack of excitement in the life of Adrienne, I asked the interns who will be joining us next fall to send me a quick note about their summers thus far:

Meredith Whatley

I am spending the summer as an intern for a data management solutions company. I have loved getting to learn the ins and outs of this business as I look towards a career. I spend the rest of my time making extra money and enjoying the outdoors painting houses. I usually go hiking a couple times a week but today when I reached the summit of the mountain it started raining!! Oh well, I just hope the weather in New England clears up soon.

John Chartier

I’m e-mailing you from London right now! I’m working in Navigant Consulting’s marketing department while on the Honors Program Summer International Experience with fourteen other Babson sophomores (all at different companies). It’s an amazing city and such a great experience! We spent the first week going to different cultural events like the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace, an outdoor performance of a Shakespeare play (Much Ado About Nothing), and a cruise down the river Thames with Prof. Levinson and Emily Marks. The first five weeks are an internship and the next three are a course at the London School of Economics.

Shanna Glassner

I have been living with 8 other girls in a 5 bedroom apartment in Allston and commuting to work every day in Franklin at EMC.  I just said goodbye to my summer last week when I started on the 22nd.  Now I am doing an intense 5-6 week sales training course that will prepare the other interns and myself to start making sales calls and talking to IT professionals.  One of my favorite things about the internship is how big the company is.  I have never worked for a huge company before and its really exciting being a part of such a large organization.  Also I love getting all dressed-up everyday!!

Lee Burrows-Ownbey

This summer I’ve been working in the Admissions Office, but then on the weekends I’ve been spending the summer exploring Boston.  I’ve gone to 2 shows, the beach, the aquarium, walked the Freedom Trail, had dinner in Boston Several times, gone to 3 Red Sox Games, and basically just been enjoying my free time in Boston.