Undergraduate Blog / First Year at Babson

The Countdown Begins

I had my last Tuesday/Thursday classes today. It was amazing to walk to class this morning in shorts and a tank top in this 90 degree weather knowing I wouldn’t have to make this 8am walk again for another 3 months. (and even then I opted out of 8ams for next semester!!) People have been outside all weekend enjoying the weather, playing in the charity Cradles for Crayons volleyball tournaments, barbequing and playing with Dean Hanno’s well made donation of the Cornhole boards (sand bag toss game, maybe you’ve seen them at concert tailgates?) are everywhere to be found! Everyone is dressed in their business attire for final presentations, free of our scarves and coats that we sported not too long ago.

Congrats to Men’s Baseball for the NEWMAC title! We’ll play in the Lacrosse NEWMAC semi’s on Saturday on our turf! Hoping to capture our third championship in a row!

I made the mistake of going to portal through the main babson webpage today. When I did, the commencement announcement screamed at me. I cannot believe graduation is looming so soon for so many of my friends. It’s bitter sweet really, because I am ready for summer, ready for finals to be over and the work to be done! But some of my best friends, people that I have never known Babson without, are about to leave me here. Reminds you that you have to enjoy all the good times as they come!