Undergraduate Blog / First Year at Babson

Study Abroad

So now that I’ve almost fully re-adjusted to Babson, I can begin to tell you about my experiences here. I spent the fall semester in St. Gallen, Switzerland at the University of St Gallen. It was by far THE BEST experience of my life. I took some really interesting classes, met incredibly interesting people from all over the world, and traveled Europe on my weekends. Even though it was hard to come back, it wasn’t until I returned that I realized how much I had learned. Not only had I experienced tons of different cultures first hand, but I learned a lot about myself and returned a completely different person. The list of places to go abroad spans the world. Can’t find one on the list you like? That’s okay too, just research it and apply for that too! You can study abroad during the semester, or during a break. There are programs to study in the summer, to study in the winter, and some even to study or volunteer during spring break!

Now that I’ve returned I have begun to really focus my classes on an international scope.  I would recommend anyone interested in this to check out the International Programs Web site to read more about study abroad programs as well as international concentrations.