A “Deborah Sunday”

This past Sunday (October 5th), Babson hosted their annual Open House. It was a great opportunity for high school students to come on campus, meet the Admission counselors, speak to current students, and tour the college. So for all of you who missed Open House, make sure you catch a Preview Day at Babson (upcoming dates for Preview Day: October 13th or October 25th).

It was a bustling Sunday morning for me – it is not every Sunday I wake up at 7 in the morning! But my favorite part of the day was speaking with tons of students from all over and hearing about each of their unique reasons for being interested in attending Babson. Some loved the small cozy community. Others were passionate about entrepreneurship and some were still not sure but came to visit because they had heard it was awesome. (They heard right!)

The funny thing is, the night before Open House, Babson sponsored a big jungle-themed party. There were still a few zebra and cheetah print balloons floating around campus the next morning. I am sure a few parents were wondering what that was all about.

After Open House ended around 3, my day was still just getting started. I went to practice with my hip hop dance crew, Hypnotik, from 3 to 6. We have a show at Harvard this weekend so we have been really trying to get in some extra rehearsal time.

After a quick bite for dinner, I headed over to the library for a group meeting for my Management Consulting class. This is one of my FAVORITE classes of all time at Babson. It’s a class of 40 students, and we break up into 8 teams of 5. Each team is a “consulting firm” and the professor role plays at the “client”. Our major semester-long assignment for this class is to role play and schedule meetings with the “client” to try and win the project with him and beat out all the other teams. Only one team can win. So each time is developing a strategy to win the client over and propose the best approach to the client’s problem. The catch is, if one team angers the client, the next team to meets him will have to deal with an angry client. It is 100% interactive and dynamic! And the professor role plays 6 characters! My team and I are completely immersed in the project – it feels like really being in the industry.

For those of you who are interested, come support Hypnotik at Harvard this weekend! And I will keep you all posted on my Management Consulting class- by the end of the semester, hopefully I will be blogging about the brilliant winning strategy my team I concoct!

Caio for now!

Debs