Babson Entrepreneurship Lecturer Introduces Book to Wellesley Chamber Members
The 24-Hour Turnaround: How Amazing Entrepreneurs Succeed in Tough Times
The Wellesley Chamber sponsored the Wellesley Bank/Babson College Business Breakfast this morning with guest speaker Jeffrey S. Davis, a member of Babson’s adjunct faculty in the entrepreneurship division.
Jeffrey spoke about his new book The 24-Hour Turnaround: How Amazing Entrepreneurs Succeed in Tough Times, co-authored with Mark Cohen.
After a brief introduction of his relevant life experience – that included growing up in Montreal where he worked for his stepfather, and time spent in the local Teamsters in Quebec where he was treated as an ‘outsider’ and physically thrown out of meetings twice (that led to a major strike!) – Jeffrey talked about why he wrote the book and what he hopes others will gain from it.
He wrote the book while recovering from cancer. English was never a favorite subject, so writing was a challenge he decided to meet head-on.
The book is a collection of entrepreneurs’ experiences, in their own words, in both for-profit and non-profit arenas, as told to him. Their common experiences are what shape the book starting with the fact that they all have a keen sense of humanity. In addition, Jeffrey found these attributes to be strikingly similar in all of their stories:
- Vision – they knew where they wanted to be – and they knew hardship
- Finances – they were very aware of financial needs and knew where every dollar went or was going
- Relentless communication and a deep sense of values and principles
- They knew how to motivate people and where to get good outside support and guidance
- Took advantage of available technology and stayed current with it
- Facilitated positive energy and action
Jeffrey will be speaking about his book at an evening reception hosted by BNY/Mellon on Thursday, October 6, 6-8:30 p.m. Seating is limited. To attend, call or email Steven Shaer, 617-244-8366, email@example.com by October 3.