Intelius Honors Six Babson Startups
Intelius has announces the top finalists for its Entrepreneurship Awards, which recognize exceptional student-founded companies in the categories of social impact, technology, marketing, and sustainability. The winning companies in each category will be announced at the Kairos Global Summit, held April 16-18, at The Intrepid Air and Space Museum in New York City.
Babson startups among the finalists are:
• Applico: Alex Maozed, Babson College – A multi-faceted application development firm for the Blackberry, Android, and iPhone. Applico’s foray into mobile application development resulted in NYC Transit, the best-selling Blackberry application.
• Zaang: Alex Kravets and Michael Markarian, Babson College – A social media company focused on launching web and mobile platforms for collaboration and advertising.
• Shufflechat: Colin Winter and Jonathan Jacques, Babson College – Allows users to connect with random people from all over the world using a webcam.
• Crelligence Media LLC: Alexander Debelov, Glann Gaudet and Alexey Ossikine, Babson College -A social media marketing company that specializes in compensated consumer-generated media. The company’s initial offering, Viralskool, is a creative community employing user-generated video.
• Blank Label: Fan Bi, Babson College – Designs affordable custom men’s dress shirts from scratch.
• ThinkLite: Enrico Palmerino and Dinesh Wadhwani, Babson College – An energy efficiency firm dedicated to helping communities, businesses and homes save money on monthly energy bills in addition to making a positive impact on the environment.