Graduate Blog / Graduate Life

Social Media Ambassador: Matthew Dominici

As a proud member of the inaugural team of social media ambassadors here at Babson, I wanted to take a minute to welcome to my blog!  Over the course of the next two years, my goal is to bring my loyal devoted willing readers a small slice of my life here at Babson in terms of academics (the good and bad), events, and maybe even a little humor from time to time.

Listen…I get it.  I’m 94% sure you are sitting on your oversized microfiber sofa, a hot Sanka steaming out of your coffee mug indicating that you are ” #1″ in something, reading this and thinking “who the hell is this guy, and why should I read this crap?”  Well, allow me the opportunity to tell you a little bit about myself.  Before I started the MBA program at this “august institution,” as our esteemed President Len Schlesinger always says, I graduated from Bates College (BOBCAT PRIDE) spent my prior life working in law as a corporate paralegal, starting out at Testa Hurwitz & Thibeault, then moving on to Foley & Lardner.  I had the opportunity to work with companies of all levels, from forming (and dissolving…failures happen too) entities for entrepreneurs to bringing companies public to handling mergers & acquisitions of all sizes.  After that, I moved on to Hancock Natural Resource Group, an alternative investment management firm where, to put it simply, I worked with trees and farms.

The taller trees are worth a bit more $

After way too long a few years in law, I decided that Babson needed me.  I enrolled myself in the fulltime 2-year MBA program, in an effort to leverage my legal, analytical, and communication skills with the business, financial and entrepreneurial skills I’m learning here at Babson.  I’m looking for opportunities in marketing, social media, and business development, and am currently also involved as Social Media Chair of the Babson Energy & Environmental Club, a member of the Marketing Club, and a student ambassador for Social Finance, Inc., an economically and socially conscious alternative student loan provider.  I also enjoy long walks on the beach (lie), reading Tolstoy novels by the fire (lie), and harvesting/crushing my own grapes to create port wine (lie).
I’m looking forward to your comments and questions, and please feel free to contact me on Twitter @mattydom.  Other than that, just sit back and enjoy the ride!