Summer in Graduate Admissions and The Babson MBA
Commencement has come and gone, and at Babson that means that the Graduate School is as busy as ever. We welcomed our One-Year MBA’s and our GEP cohort to Babson. We welcomed a new group of Evening MBA’s who started their program this May. But we also continue to work with a newly admitted Two-Year MBA class. We host Visitor Days for the Evening and Fast Track programs, who are enrolling this August and this October, respectively. We celebrated the good news about USNWR, our part-time program ranking, with a reception at our 253 Summer Street location for alums, current students, and prospective candidates.
Behind the scenes, we are finishing our 2012-2013 recruitment calendar, preparing new additions to our marketing materials and planning dates for our on-campus Information Sessions. The staff and I will be attending the Graduate Admissions Council conference in Chicago in a few weeks. It is never slow or dull in Graduate Admissions, despite the fact the days are long and warm.
If you are thinking about getting your MBA, your summer should not be slow or dull, either. I’ve given you a snapshot of some of our preparation so that I can challenge you, prospective candidates, to begin some summer tasks of your own. Are you ready? Here are some points to ponder:
If you are planning to apply to the Full-Time programs with enrollment in 2013, summer is the perfect time to:
- Review school websites for schedule of information sessions or campus visit days
- Sign up for the GMAT
- Start preparing for the GMAT
- Make your own spreadsheet with all the application deadlines for the schools you are applying to
- Think about whom you should ask for a recommendation
- Get your résumé in order
- Contact your recommenders and provide them with your newly revised résumé
- Start networking with alums from the schools you intend to apply to (Grad Admissions can connect you to Babson alums!)
- Plan your on-campus visit
- Sign up an inquirer or prospect so you can get information directly from the school (click here to introduce yourself to Babson)
- Define Entrepreneurship (define.babson.edu) and read how others around the world are defining it!
If you plan to apply to the Evening Fall enrollment or Fast Track October cohort, all of the above is possible as long as you begin now! Please contact the Admissions Office directly, or speak to our Evening recruiter, Olivia Cabrera, or the Fast Track recruiters, Laurel Aroian, James Garvin, or Laura Hunter (their direct lines are included in the link above).
Here is a view of Olin Hall, home of the F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business, on a sunny last day of May:
Good luck. Think Big.