Five Miami WIN Lab Alumnae Pitch Their Companies at TechCrunch 2019
Thanks to the generosity of FedEx, five extraordinary Miami WIN Lab Alumnae had the opportunity to showcase their businesses at TechCrunch’s Startup Alley in front of thousands of attendees, investors, potential customers, and media outlets. Startup Alley is a signature Disrupt San Francisco event, where over 1,000 pre-series A startups and sponsors across all verticals pitch their latest tech products, platforms, and services.
FEATURED Miami WIN Lab Companies
- Lean Orb,a compostable foodservice packaging company with a mission to replace single-use plastic food packaging.
- Imalac,a nursing/pumping bra with an attachable, hands-free breast expression system.
- City Catt,a family-friendly way to plan trips and tour cities by connecting travelers with like-minded locals.
- ARVISL FUTURE,(also known as SAVR Future) a platform that allows businesses and locations to engage with customers through location-based augmented reality interactions.
- Caribu,a video-calling app that gives grandparents and grandkids the ability to read books, play games, and color together during a call.
TechCrunch is an efficient, effective platform for entrepreneurs
For entrepreneurs looking to scale their businesses, high-visibility conferences like TechCrunch are an absolute must. “We got to pitch at least 250-300 people ranging from investors to corporate representatives to potential small business clients,” said Anastasia Mikhalochkina of Lean Orb. “By having a ‘seat at the table’ and pitching or exhibiting at well-established events, you gain leverage in the conversation and expedite the process of getting in front of C-level executives who have the ability to take your company to the next level. After we pitched on stage, two investors requested to learn more about our current round. One of them is now looking to invest so the conference was a big win for us. Our team is extremely grateful for the opportunity of attending the conference at no cost to the company. It allows us to invest the money into improving our products and operations.”
According to Lizia Santos of City Catt, TechCrunch provided an efficient and effective networking platform. “Almost everyone that reached out to us had clearly taken the time to navigate our website, understand our business model, and came to the table with ideas on how to collaborate. It’s not your usual 1-hour corporate meetings with no valuable outcomes. TechCrunch meetings were no longer than 20 min, and we left almost every single one of them with an action plan.”
TechCrunch 2019 was another smashing success for entrepreneurial hopefuls, as it facilitated 21 investor meetings, 25 potential partner/client meetings, and two accelerator offers! The WIN Lab, in partnership with FedEx, was thrilled to support Miami entrepreneurs represent their city and their businesses at this high-profile event.