Living Entrepreneurship Blog / Babson Entrepreneurs

Stylebymalvika: Style for the Driven Dreamer

It’s been six months since I decided to put my deepest passion to action, and I can safely say that taking that intimidating leap, of putting myself and my voice around style on social mediums, has been the greatest learning process thus far.

I began my journey by opening up an Instagram account to share my style, not knowing one thing about what niche I was looking to inspire, let alone how I would even describe my own personal style. As weeks went by, however, I realized that there was a certain artistic feel to my daily pictures, in the outfits I was wearing and poses I was striking. And none of this was fabricated, or copied–they were naturally who I was. After some reflection on my wardrobe and asking myself why I dress the way I do, the seeds of my mission statement were sown.

Essentially, my mission is to empower the driven dreamers of the world to embrace fashion as a creative outlet. But getting to this statement took me the full six months, and throughout this process, I saw the need to expand my social presence to mediums that truly allowed me to communicate that mission. For instance, I opened a Youtube account to provide more transparency into the behind the scenes of how style is incorporated in my daily life and travels, and I also have a website wherein I provide style advice, keep my readers up to date on trends, and address pertinent issues and controversies inherent within the fashion industry. Driving traffic to both my website and youtube channel meant I needed to find another social platform wherein my audience could easily be informed of new posts, and thus my Facebook platform was born.

Managing all of these platforms as a party of one whilst also remaining dedicated to my other responsibilities as a student and active member of several organizations on campus has been a bit of a challenge, to say the least.  

But, challenges are what push you to learn, and I owe a lot of my ability to take my blog to where it is to what I have learned as a student, Marketing Assistant for BabsonARTS, trainee for the Writing Center, and Head Editor of Fashion for the Babson Globe. I have leveraged all of these activities, and the skills I have learned in them, in one way or another throughout my six months, and for that I am eternally grateful. Even so, I know this is just the beginning, and I am excited to continue along the learning curve in the process of getting my unique perspective on style and fashion out there.

Last but not least, don’t forget to:

1) check out the stylebymalvika website

2) follow @stylebymalvika on instagram

3) subscribe to @stylebymalvika’s youtube channel, and

4) like @stylebymalvika on facebook

If you’d like to stay up to date on style for driven dreamers, or are just curious to come along with me in my process of growth!

I hope that by sharing my story, I can inspire those who have a unique perspective in their field to share their voice if they so desire. Take the leap, and you will be forever grateful for giving yourself a chance to discover and portray who you really are in the learning process.