2015 Summer Venture Program
On Monday, May 18, the Butler Venture Accelerator kicked off its 2015 Summer Venture Program. The Summer Venture Program supports the most promising graduate and undergraduate entrepreneurs from Babson College, F.W. Olin College of Engineering, and Wellesley College. 15 teams were chosen to participate in the program each summer.
For the next ten weeks, the 15 teams will be moving their ventures forward using many resources, including work space, advisers, a speaker series and more.
Here is more information about the 15 companies:
- Darkness Within (@DWhaunt) is a live entertainment, horror production company which creates unique, immersive events for victims to experience. Trevor Sullivan ’15
- DARTdrones is the premier training school for drone pilots. Abby Speicher M’15
- Gisela Treats (@giselatreats) specializes in Brigadeiro, the most popular Brazilian Treat. It looks like a truffle, is as soft as marshmallow and melts in your mouth like fudge hot fudge. It will be available at the best cafes in Boston very soon. Surrender to this handmade specialty indulgence! Gisela Macedo M’15
- Greenlight Technologies is a hi-tech startup that is solving the dead battery problem. We provide wireless charging solutions that can charge phones, tablets, and laptops in public spaces such as hotels, airports, restaurants, and bars. Our technology is applicable in the medical and military fields as well as the automobile industry. No matter where you go, you will be able to see Greenlight filling up your devices’ batteries as we strive to create a world without wires. Christopher DeLeon ’16 and Dardan Ostrozubi ’17
- IMMI Financial Solutions is a company focused on helping low income populations manage their finances. We offer a full range of financial services, including a prepaid card and financial education tools. Bruno Coutinho M’15 and Amandio Sena
- India in a Box (@indiainaboxus) is an online service that delivers a new innovative range of authentic Indian meals that are both Healthy and Easy to prepare. Our packaged meals are very easy to make; simply pour the contents in a pan, add water, heat and voila your meal is ready in just under 5 minutes. We deliver to your doorstep a range of Indian curries, rice and bread from different regions of India so that you can easily cook up a treat for yourself without the hassle of spending endless hours in the kitchen. Shyam Devnani M’15
- JumpSmart (@jumpsmartllc) combines learning engineering concepts and coding with physical activity for kids ages eight to twelve by utilizing a programmable mat that allows kids to create their own interactive games and experience the process of invention first-hand. Bryanne Leeming M’16
- Meet Eugene (@meet_eugene) is the only exotic pet company that provides their customers with products for the exotic pet and their owners while offering educational programing and resources. Their first product line focuses on hedgehogs; this product line consists of a comprehensive one stop hedgehog shop that promotes the well being and advancement of this creature in a domesticated setting. Their flagship product is the veterinary approved HealthHog Grain-Free hedgehog food. Brianna Stiklickas ’15
- PICCPerfect (@PICCPerfect) is creating functional fashion for medical accessories. Its first product is the PICCPerfect PICC line cover for patients undergoing long term IV treatment. PICCPerfect is a safe and stylish way to protect PICC lines. Emily Levy ’16, Maria del Mar Gomez ’16 and Hannah Conley ’16
- Qopy helps tech marketing professionals hire quality content writers, faster. Deniz Emre M’16
- Redemption Rock Brewery & Public House is a craft brewery set to open summer 2016 in Worcester, MA. We focus on the experience of drinking great beer – pairing a variety of styles with thoughtfully prepared food and friendly, knowledgeable service in a community atmosphere. Danielle Babineau M’15
- SaveOhno.org (@saveohno) is a social venture focused on environmental issues. ‘Ohno’ is representative of your great granddaughter, and her life adapts based on the actions you take today. We’ve sourced and curated over 7,000 environmental petitions, and we serve them to you in a rapid-fire, gamified format. When online petitions have garnered support from hundreds of thousands of people, they’ve led to serious, real world progress. We’re looking to get more petitions to that figure, and you have the opportunity to help make that happen! Dylan Husted ’17
- SuperHealos (@SuperHealos) is dedicated to reducing stress and anxiety for children and families facing medical treatments. We create storybooks, provide products and build communities to educate, empower and engage. Yuanyuan Yin M’15, Dylan Murphy and Kathryn Jones
- T&Co. (@drinktco) is an online tea subscription service that delivers tea experiences from around the world right to your doorstep. Each tea box provides a sensory experience, highlighting both traditional and contemporary tea cultures. Delight in tea from India to Florida and everything in between. Jennifer Odera M’15
- TargetMol provides high quality bioactive compounds for industry and academic research. TargetMol streamlines new medicine discovery from the bottom up. Xu Peng M’15 and Andy Duan
For more information on the Summer Venture Program, visit the SVP website and follow #babsonsvp on Twitter!