Living Entrepreneurship Blog / The Arts

Olin Professor and Composer Diana Dabby talks about The Jubilee Trio

By Diana Dabby — Olin professor, Music Program Director, and composer: I’m really looking forward to hearing the Jubilee Trio on Sunday, Nov. 4!  Marion Dry (contralto), Robert Honeysucker (baritone), and Leslie Amper (pianist) have created an unusual program that features music by an array of composers, including Samuel Barber, William Grant Still, Florence Price, Howard Swanson, Undine Smith Moore, and two other composers whose names are familiar to Babson and Olin students (name them and you get a prize) It’s been neat working with members of the trio, and I’m excited to hear their respective voices/instruments ring out in Toni’s and my new pieces and all the music planned for Sunday!   It’ll also be fun talking about the concert with Toni during the pre-concert talk—Toni and I haven’t had a chance to talk recently but I still think back to a great conversation last spring at a Babson-Olin-Wellesley ‘tea’.   And I think I’ll always remember an amazing discussion Marion and I had last March about her sabbatical in France.   Some conversations linger in the best possible ways …

Poster